Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yummy Steak Sandwiches

Well, I got so involved in other things on Wednesday that I forgot to add my weekly recipe.

The recipe that I chose is one that my sister RaNae is famous for. It is called Yummy Steak Sandwiches, and let me tell you they are Yummy. So, please enjoy.

YUMMY STEAK SANDWICHES

2 lbs. of steak (eye of round or top round)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 small cans mushroom pieces (do not drain)
2 bouillon cubes (dissolved in 1 cup hot water)
season with parsley and basil
chives (optional)

Slice beef into paper thin stripes (should make 36 to 40 slices, figure on 6 slices per person). Heat butter in a frying pan and put in about 5 slices of meat at a time to brown, cook just a few seconds on each side. Keep meat warm while you cook all slices. (set aside)
After all meat browned add a bit more butter to the pan along with 2 small cans of mushroom pieces and juice, then add 2 bouillon cubes dissolved in 1 cup of hot water.
Season with parsely, basil and chive to taste.
Cook until bubbling, add the meat.
Serve on buns.
(I serve on hoogie style buns)
Serving size 6 sandwiches

Hope you enjoy this

No comments: